To make aware

The reason for this blog is to let people know what life is like with a deaf child, the hardships, as well as the achievements. I also have a hearing child and how it will impact him.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Been awhile

I know its been awhile since i posted. I have been thinking about all that Wyatt has gone thru, and see him making leaps and bounds. I wonder if when he gets older, will he let his hearing get to him. Meaning will he hold himself back, not pursue his dreams, just because he can't hear like a "normal" person. I know that is what i did. If you met me on the street and didn't know me, you wouldn't know that i have a hearing problem. I hide it, behind long hair, yet i say i want to have a short hair cut. It stopped me from playing sports for the fear of not hearing my teammates.
When i am in a crowd, i tend to keep to myself, again because i can hear them, but not always what they are saying. It took me a long time to finally work the courage to waitress, and i am glad i did, i thought i was a good one.
Which is funny i say this, thinking now, every job that i have had has been in the public eye, DQ, White Castle, Blockbuster, Housekeeping, Forestland, Pizza Barn, and now Kantor. Granted with my job now, i don't see many customers, but do answer the phone.

I just really want Wyatt and even Austin to reach for their dreams, and go for what they want and not let anything stand in their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment